Sweet merciful crap. That’s all I’ve got to say about this one. As you might have heard, the Apple App Store turned 1 over the weekend. In that one year of operation, some might say they’ve had a ‘better-than-average’ run at things. Case in point, here are the key numbers for their first year:
- More than 65,000 apps available
- More than 100,000 developers are registered in the iPhone Developer Program
- The app store is now available to consumers in 77 countries
- 40 million iPhone and iPod Touch devices have been shipped…
- …and of course, the biggie… more than 1.5 BILLION apps have been downloaded.
You read that right. 1.5 BILLION apps downloaded. Tip of the cap and a firm handshake for all of the good folks at Apple. Those are some amazing accomplishments.
Check out the full story over at Apple.