This is just a quick little rumor for those of you packing webOS powered devices. Yes, the Palm Pre and Pixi on Sprint could be getting new webOS goodness real soon. At least, that’s the rumor I’ve heard from my buds at PreCentral.
Apparently, one of their forum members ‘leprecub’ is a Sprint employee. He recently posted that webOS version 220.127.116.11 would hit the carrier on the 7th… that’s tomorrow. The update would hit Sprint users a few days after their European counterparts, but still, better a few days late than never. Or something.
Below is the skinny on what you can expect in webOS 18.104.22.168:
Palm Pre Software Update to webOS 22.214.171.124
Customers: Palm Pre Users
Effective Date: 7/7/10
This should update your Sprint configuation to 2.5.
Details: A software update is available for the Palm Pre on 07/07/2010.? Fixes, Feature Updates and Enhancements
- Web: Podcasts now download correctly.
- Web: text entry can now be entered correctly
- Email: Sprint branded default email signature correctly branded
- Power consumption / battery optimization
- Videos: A user can now send a video via multimedia messaging from the Video application
- Video: the video trim feature now works to send in a message.
- Sprint TV: Enhanced Parental controls
- Sprint TV: Upgrade to V 3.5.4
By the looks of the changelog above, this is going to be quite a significant update. If you’re on big yellow with a Pre or Pixi in-hand, be sure to keep an eye on your updates app tomorrow… I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the update is on its way OTA to your device. If not, heck, it’s probably coming real soon anyway. Now hurry up and mark your calendars so you don’t forget about this tomorrow. C’mon, you can do it. Ah, there you go… now doesn’t that feel better?
Thanks to leprecub and PreCentral for this update. Can’t wait to see it trickle down to devices around the US.