HTC has released another update for their HD mini Windows Mobile smartphone that improves sound handling when in a call.
Not everyone should install it right away – first make sure your HD mini runs ROM version which is less than or equal to 1.36.XXX.X — that’s for all SKUs except Vodafone Spain. If you qualify, then first backup all your data and proceed:
- Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista PC.
- Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
- Select the update from this page and the location closest to you then click “Download.”
- Copy the update, which is an .exe file, to your device. To install the update, tap the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- First execute the file RUU_PHO3693_20100728.exe on your PC while your phone is connected. This will update critical files before you begin your update.
- Then, copy the update, PHO03693.exe, to your device. Then tap the .exe file on your phone and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note that if you perform a device hard reset, you will need to reinstall the update after the hard reset…