If you’ve been looking at iPhone users with envy because you’re a Bizzy user but own an Android device, today is your lucky day. The recommendation is now available for the Google’s mobile OS, and it’s just as feature rich as its Apple counterpart.
For those of you unfamiliar with Bizzy, it’s a recommendation engine that helps you find restaurants, shops and entertainment nearby you. When you first sign up for the service, you’re asked to answer a number of questions so it can get a general feel for what you’re into and where you’d normally go for food or clothing, as an example. Based on the interests and recommendations of others, Bizzy offers up places you’d likely be interested in when you’re looking for a restaurant, bar or movie theater. It’s a bit better than getting random search results on Yelp.
Bizzy has been available for the iPhone for some time now, but Android users get to enjoy all its features, too. It works pretty well, I’ve found, though you have to answer more than the handful of questions at the start of registration to get better results. The more, the better. Here are a few things you can expect from the Android version:
- Mobile sign up. (HUZZAH!)
- Location based recommendations on your Android phone.
- Filter recs based on categories or subcategories.
- Tips from other Bizzy users, Foursquare and Yelp reviews.
- YOU GET TO LEAVE TIPS TOO!
- Discover people that love the same places you do.
- Share new favorites via Twitter or Facebook.
- Be extra super cool because you are getting Bizzy in the first place.
Being extra super cool is a tough one to pass up!
For more details on Bizzy for Android, see the press release on the following page.
Pages: 1 2