Still haven’t received the Android 2.3.3 OTA update on your Nexus S? Thanks to the guys over at XDA, the update has been packaged into an easy to install, flashable zip file. So if you just don’t want to wait for the update to hit your handset, follow along and take it into your own hands.
1. Download the Android 2.3.3 update file here
2. Rename the file to update.zip. (if you’re OS hides file extensions, rename to update to avoid renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
3. Put the update.zip file into your phone’s storage
4. Turn off the phone
5. Turn your phone on by holding the Power and Volume Up at the same time to access the bootloader.
6. Navigate to recovery by using the volume keys, and press power to execute.
7. You’ll only see a triangle with an exclamation point in it at this point, so hold down the Power button and hit the Volume up button for the recovery menu to appear.
8. Using the volume keys again, go down to “apply update from /sdcard” and press power to start the update.
9. When the update is completed, reboot theand you’re good to go!
Have fun with your new NFC writing capabilities and other goodies inside!
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon