Verizon Wireless announced a new firmware update for the Motorola Droid R2-D2. Software version 4.5.622.A957 brings Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 to the board, packing a number of tweaks and changes including:
- Enhanced security with DigiNotar security patch.
- Increased browser cross-application scripting for enhanced multitasking stability.
- Camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered off.
- Increased device stability when keypad is opened and closed repeatedly.
- Improved 3G data connectivity while using the Mobile Hotspot.
- App shortcuts remain on the home screen after moving them from internal to external memory.
- VZ Navigator is now updated to version 220.127.116.112, while V CAST Apps is now updated to version 18.104.22.168.
- Successfully add application shortcuts or widgets to the home panel without error.
- Fixed issue where duplicate text and multimedia messages were being received.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Improved syncing with Yahoo! email.
- Forwarded emails will no longer remain in the outbox when Smart Forwarding is enabled.
And you can get all the details from this page at Verizon’s website (PDF file).