Verizon Wireless announced a new firmware update for the Motorola Droid R2-D2. Software version 4.5.622.A957 brings Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 to the board, packing a number of tweaks and changes including:
- Enhanced security with DigiNotar security patch.
- Increased browser cross-application scripting for enhanced multitasking stability.
- Camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered off.
- Increased device stability when keypad is opened and closed repeatedly.
- Improved 3G data connectivity while using the Mobile Hotspot.
- App shortcuts remain on the home screen after moving them from internal to external memory.
- VZ Navigator is now updated to version 220.127.116.112, while V CAST Apps is now updated to version 18.104.22.168.
- Successfully add application shortcuts or widgets to the home panel without error.
- Fixed issue where duplicate text and multimedia messages were being received.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Improved syncing with Yahoo! email.
- Forwarded emails will no longer remain in the outbox when Smart Forwarding is enabled.
And you can get all the details from this page at Verizon’s website (PDF file).
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon