Millennial Media released a special Q1 edition of its Mobile Mix report, which not only includes data on the top mobile devices, manufacturers and operating systems, but also a new section on global tablet trends. From here we learn that the top 3 tablets used on Millennial Media’s network are Apple’s iPad, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab and Amazon’s Kindle Fire, which were also ranked in the top 20 amongst all mobile devices.
Some other findings include:
- Apple remained the leading manufacturer on Millennial Media and the iPhone was the leading individual phone.
- Android was the leading OS with 49% of the total impressions (and 14 of the top 20 phones).
- Samsung was the second leading manufacturer, and had 4 of the top 20 mobile phones.
- “Non-Phone Connected Devices” like tablets, MP3 players and e-readers increased 33% quarter-over-quarter and made up 20% of all impressions on the platform.
- Gaming was the top app category and grew 10% quarter-over-quarter.
- Mobile video views increased 958% year-over-year.
And if you need more details, you can download the complete report from here.