We’ve already seen the Motorola Atrix HD floating around the net but it doesn’t get much better than an official handset announcement. The device is now official, going to AT&T, and will only cost $99 on contract. At that price, the handset must be underwhelming, right? Wrong. The Atrix HD is just as powerful as the heavyweights from Samsung and HTC, save for a few specs here and there.
Rocking a 4.5 inch 720p HD ColorBoost display with Corning Gorilla Glass, the handset is definitely up to par with the high-end Android smartphones shipping today. The ColorBoost display is said to be the highest resolution displays on the market with 50% more pixels than the leading smartphone. Sure, we’ll be sure to check up on that when we get our hands on it. You can also expect the Atrix HD to have a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 720p front-facing camera, and 8 megapixel rear camera (that we hope isn’t as awful as the Atrix 2′s camera).
Running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the handset may be a little less appealing since it will run MotoBlur, whether Motorola admits it or not. Still the worst custom user interface in all of Android land, MotoBlur has gotten better over time, but it still can’t hold a candle to the likes of Sense and TouchWiz.
Strength and profile was a big focus in making the Atrix HD, as it’s a mere 8.4mm thin, which may not be RAZR thin but it’ll certainly do. It also has a splash guard that covered with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, which should be able to take some brutal beatings and not leave a mark.
Specs notwithstanding, the main selling point of the Atrix HD is, well, the price. The well priced handset should sell quite well, even with saltier options available to you on AT&T.
- Slimmer & Stronger: While remarkably thin at 8.4mm, the phone doesn’t sacrifice strength in the process as it’s made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, a splash guard coating that protects the outer shell and electrical circuit boards inside as well as a scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass display.
- Fast & Vibrant: Running on AT&T’s 4G LTE network, it’s equipped with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor. Simply put, you can do everything with more oomph – from checking Google+™ to switching between apps to streaming YouTube HD on its vibrant 4.5-inch 720p HD ColorBoost™ display, which is the highest resolution smartphone display on the market giving you more vibrant colors and 50 percent more pixels than the leading smartphone.
- Smarter: Motorola ATRIX HD also comes pre-loaded with SMARTACTIONS™, the free Motorola app that can help save you hours of battery life and suggests ways to automatically change your phone’s settings throughout the day or in certain situations to make your life easier. Let’s say you drive to work. With Drive Smart enabled, it will automatically set your phone to vehicle view, read your text messages aloud, auto-reply to incoming calls and texts as well as provide turn-by-turn navigation.
If that isn’t enough to convince you, Motorola ATRIX HD has a few other features to boast about, including:
- Running on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, Motorola ATRIX HD is the first phone equipped with Motorola’s Circle Widget on the homescreen, which gives you “at-a-glance” access to the time, notifications, weather, settings, battery meter and data usage info. No effort required.
- A 720p HD front-facing webcam is ideal for video chats or self portraits.
- A rear-facing 8 megapixel auto-focus camera to capture every single moment with zero shutter lag. Plus, those photos can be automatically uploaded to Google+ so you don’t have to worry about accidentally deleting them.
- Captures video in 1080p HD at 30 frames per second, which means you get super smooth playback.
- Features mirror mode when connected with HDMI cable (sold separately) to view images, files and movies on a larger screen like your TV at home.
- Access to more than 600,000 apps and games on Google Play™, as well as millions of books and songs and thousands of movies and TV shows.
Motorola ATRIX HD will also be available in Canada for Bell customers. Pricing and availability for Canada will be shared at a later time.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon