Samsung and Sprint have started rolling an Ice Cream Sandwich update for Now Networks’s version of the Galaxy S II – Epic 4G Touch. As you know, Android 4.0 brings a number of changes and features to the mix, including:
- Refined user interface that is “simple, beautiful and useful.”
- Face Unlock
- Redesigned camera that sports panorama mode, effects like silly faces and background replacement, and a photo editor.
- Web browser that can sync your Google Chrome bookmarks, switch to full desktop versions of sites, show open tabs in a new layout and even store web pages for offline reading.
- Improved keyboard with more accurate typing, an inline spell checker and improved copy/paste support.
- New Calendar app that lets you quickly add events, sync with Google Calendar or Microsoft Exchange and even pinch to adjust your calendar display.
- Redesigned Gmail app that allows you to swipe between conversations and search for emails even without a data connection.
- Google+ integration for hangouts and video chat with up to 10 friends using the front-facing camera.
The update is rolled out in stages over the air so if you don’t see it today – don’t worry. It’s coming any day now.
Meanwhile, U.S. Cellular Epic 4G owners are not getting the same goodies and will rather have to settle for a small GPS fix, instead. ;(