Verizon Wireless has started rolling out Ice Cream Sandwich updates for the Motorola DROID 4. After the process is over, your QWERTY keyboard-equipped smartphone will run Android 4.0.4 and firmware version 6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US.
Aside from the standard ICS goodies, the new software also includes a number of Moto-specific changes, such as:
- Enabled Global Roaming mode
- Integration of new version of Backup Assistant Plus
- Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics
- Improved Stability and connectivity with Email
- Improved connectivity in Mobile Hotspot
- Reduced device resets and power cycling
- Improved camera quality
In addition, many of the bugs have been squashed making for a more stable and faster experience.
To get the update, tap “Settings” -> “About phone” -> “System Update” and take it from there.
[Via: Cult of Android]