Mobile video will emerge as the most powerful form of advertising across the Euro7 markets by 2016, which [Euro7] includes France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Spain and the UK. In fact, the recent study from Adsmobi and mobileSQUARED suggests that 60 to 79% of smartphone users in the Euro7 are now watching video-based services, and the current video audience of 152 million is primed to rapidly expand to beyond 274 Million in the next four years. Furthermore, the research suggests that the collective mobile advertising market across the Euro7 countries will surpass the $1 billion landmark in 2012, rising to almost $4 billion by 2016.
Some other findings include:
- In 2012, the UK maintained its position as Europe’s biggest mobile advertising market, accounting for almost one-third (32%) of total spend, followed by Germany (22%) and France (16%).
- By 2016, the UK will represent 26% of the market, with Germany staying on 22% and France increasing its share to 19%.
- By the end of this year, there will be almost 44 million iPhone users across the Euro7 and the number will further rise to 63.4 million by 2016.
- In 2011, global mobile data traffic more than doubled for the fourth successive year, with traffic totaling 597 petabytes per month.
- Across the Euro7, the UK has the highest smartphone penetration: 51% in 2012 and increasing to 80% by 2016. France, Germany and Netherlands all have smartphone penetration in the low-40% and this level of penetration is expected to leap to 61%, 78% and 68% respectively by 2016.
Additional details about the report are available from here.