Gadget insurance company ProtectYourBubble.com released the results of a poll fielded in New York City of over 150 Apple fans in line for the new iPhone 5. The research reveals 51.7% of Apple fans value their iPhone over their wallet. That’s crazy, but that’s not all:
- Of the Apple fans waiting in NYC lines, 74% were male and 26% were female and their average age is 25.
- 40.6% of Apple customers have previously purchased three or more earlier model iPhones.
- Apple fans waited an average of 2-4 hours in line to get their hands on the new iPhone.
- 33.6% of Apple fans would prefer to have lunch with Steve Jobs; 27.3% would want to break bread with Albert Einstein, 23.1% with JFK, whereas only 17.5% want to hang out with Lady Gaga.
- If Siri were a real person, most Apple fans in line (27.8%) imagine she would look like Angelina Jolie. Tied in a close second with 25% of the vote are Betty White and Cameron Diaz.
- The new features Apple fans are most looking forward to using include the bigger screen with 41.7% of the vote; a stronger battery came in second at 29.2%, followed by sleek design (25.7%) and a more powerful camera (22.9%).
- 32.2% of Apple fans are planning to buy iPhone 5 insurance.
- 43.4% of the people polled did not know that replacing their iPhone 5 without a contract can cost as much as $749 versus the subsidized rate of $299 for the iPhone 5 32 GB underscoring the importance or researching and purchasing gadget insurance.
- The second most popular brand for Apple fans is Samsung. Other popular brands include Sony, Starbucks, Gucci and Nike.
ProtectYourBubble.com provides iPhone insurance plans for US customers for $7.99 per month that include 24-hour replacement and protection against loss, theft, accidents, damage and more.