Engagement rates for location-based features in rich media mobile ads nearly doubled in Q3 2012 (185%), according to new findings from Celtra’s quarterly Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report.
Overall, the engagement rates continue to show steady QoQ growth, and in the third quarter, the average ad engagement rate was 13.7%, nearly a 1% increase over Q2. In fact, location-based features have overtaken branding and presentation as the most engaging ad feature with 18.8% engagement rate, followed by gaming features at 13.9%. And for the second quarter in a row, video was by far the most popular feature, appearing in 45% of all the mobile advertising campaigns analyzed.
Some other findings from the report include:
- The average time spent on an ad unit was 32 seconds.
- Gaming features in mobile ads continue to show aggressive growth in engagement, with 20% increase in engagement rates when compared with Q2 data.
- Social media features remain popular and engaging, showcasing an 8% engagement rate for in Q3.
- Nearly half of all rich media mobile advertisements were expandable: banners and interstitials made up the remaining campaigns with 23% and 28%, respectively.
- iOS continues to dominate Android as the platform of choice for advertisers (58 and 42 percent respectively).
Celtra’s Q3 Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report represents data gathered from 170 mobile campaigns. Here’s the infographic summing up the findings…
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon