Remember that we’ve told you that Windows Phone 7.8 update will start hitting Windows Phone 7.5 devices on January 31st. Well, looks like some phones will get it even before that date, namely AT&T’s Nokia Lumia 900. We’re not sure whether the international version will also get the same treatment at the same time or few days/weeks later. Knowing Nokia’s latest moves, we think that U.S. users will be the first to get the goodies — that’s what happened with the Lumia 920, at least.
Anyway, here’s what the 100MB download will include:
- New Start Screen – which will make look your rather old device looks like it’s running Windows Phone 8. You will be able to pin more tiles to the start screen and change their sizes as you fancy so.
- New theme colors – new colors will be added to the expanded color pallet.
- Bing “Image of the Day” Lock Screen Option
- Improved Lock Screen accidental wipe protection
- Quality and Security Enhancements
- Marketplace Enhancements that include a newly optimized download process.
There are also API enhancements which are not immediately visible but will enable new capabilities such as Bluetooth DRM free file transfer, user data migration, ability to convert a local DRM-free MP3 file into a ringtone, and so on.
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon