There are so many mobile commerce apps that help us make better (wiser) purchasing decisions and apparently many of those applications are used by today’s smartphone owners. VoucherCodesPro.co.uk conducted a survey to find out just how modern mobile technology affects our buying behavior and here’s what they’ve found out:
- This year, mobile-driven online sales in the U.S. are expected to hit $2.12 billion
- 45% of all consumers use smartphones to research and browse in-store products
- 1 in 4 smartphone users were prompted to go in-store after seeing an ad on their smartphone
- 53% of men and 43% of women use smartphones in-store to check prices at other stores
- 64% say they have changed their mind about purchasing after comparing prices on their phone
- 43% of U.S. adults participate in “showrooming” – they just check out goods in-store only to purchase them online.
These and some other findings are neatly presented in the infographic below. Check it out…