During every WWDC conference, Apple holds its Design Awards ceremony. This event recognizes those apps that are outstanding in either the iOS or OS X App Store. Needless to say, it’s a prestigious award for the developers involved. Below is the list of winning apps organized by platform. Enjoy!
- Ridiculous Fishing [iOS Universal; $2.99] A handcrafted game about fishing with guns, chainsaws & toasters.
- WWF Together [iPad; Free] Experience the world’s most amazing animals in one app — together.
- Badland [iOS Universal; $3.99] BADLAND is an award-winning atmospheric sidescrolling action adventure platformer taking place in a gorgeous forest full of various inhabitants, trees and flowers.
- Yahoo! Weather [iPhone; Free] See the weather like never before – only Yahoo! Weather combines stunning photos with the most accurate forecasts.
- Letterpress [iOS Universal; Free] Find words, steal tiles, color the board! Letterpress is a fresh new word game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Play against your friends using Game Center!
- Procreate [iPad; $4.99] Packed with 48 beautiful brushes, from true-to-life sets of pencils, inks and paint brushes, to unique digital tools, Procreate is a full digital studio at your finger tips.
- SkyGamblers [iOS Universal; $0.99] You’ll participate in visceral dogfights, protect cities and fleets, bomb enemy structures and even fly through tunnels.
OS X Apps
- Coda 2 [OS X; $74.99] The most innovative and incredible all-in-one editor for your web code.
- Evernote 5 [OS X and iOS Universal; Free] Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small from your everyday life using your computer, phone, tablet and the web.