It is said that Google may launch Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie in October and we’re hoping that they’ll use the opportunity to unveil the next Nexus smartphone. And that’s the subject of this post – imagining, or rather wishful thinking, what the upcoming Nexus 5 could have under the hood.
Basically, we want it to have everything, including:
- Super-fast Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 4GB of RAM – we’ve heard that phones with 4GB of RAM could be released by the end of this year
- 13-megapixel camera on the back with *awesome* camera software (Nexus phones didn’t have the best camera software)
- full HD screen with a diagonal of 4.7 or 5 inches, both will work just fine
- LTE connectivity support
- expandable memory (with microSD cards)
Perhaps more importantly, we want to see Google working with accessory makers and offer an array of cases, docks and other gear to help us protect and extend the capability of the Nexus 5.
As I already said, at this stage – this is just wishful thinking as we’re unsure what Google and its partners will come up with. We are, however, eager to know – what do you expect from the Nexus 5?