Target is joining the pre-paid MVNO game with a new prepaid wireless service which will utilize T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network. The service, which is said to launch on October 6th is dubbed Brightspot. Target will be offering three different plans, all of which are very affordable, although not much cheaper than T-Mobile’s current pre-paid offerings.
Here’s a breakdown of Brightspot’s plans:
- Unlimited Talk and Text: $35, no data
- Unlimited Talk, Text and Data: $50, 1GB of 4G speed (throttled thereafter)
- Unlimited Talk, Text and Data: $65, 4GB of 4G speed (throttled thereafter)
- International Texting: Additional $5
- International Calling and Texting: Additional $10
In addition to affordable wireless plans, Target is offering up $25 gift cards for every six months in which a customer uses their service. Target will be selling micro-SIM and nano-SIM Brightspot kits, which can be popped into any unlocked GSM phone or one of Target’s offerings.
brightspot: Target/T-Mobile prepaid MVNO. S3, F3, F6, 521, unlocked GSM. $50 unlimited talk, text, web (1GB 4G). pic.twitter.com/NRaGvIhPra
— @evleaks (@evleaks) October 1, 2013