Taptu is a social news feed reader that puts all of the stuff you're into in one beautiful little app. Taptu lets you add your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the content from your favorite web sites and blogs (via RSS feeds or Twitter) and transforms them into gorgeous visual streams. Found a news article or stream you like? Share with friends via Facebook, Twitter, email or even save for later using Instapaper.
== Reviews ==
TechCrunch: “The design itself is sleek and clean, allowing you to separate each stream....If you are a power reader or a news junkie, Taptu’s app is the way to go. Not only does it allow you to access a large number of news sources (thousands), in an easy to read interface, but it allows you to personalize and customize your feeds, which is a useful feature.”
Wired.com: "...Taptu’s secret sauce lets you mash up “mixed streams...I didn’t give up on it after some initial enthusiasm. I kept going back not only to read up on things but also to try things out that occurred to me randomly and to tinker with feeds.”
Gizmodo's App of the Day: “It's like having a personalized digital newsstand where instead of displaying magazines, it shows articles...Adding stuff to read is easy too!...A huge plus is that you can mix and match sources (like Gizmodo and Lifehacker, let's say) on the go (like creating folders) so
you're not overwhelmed by so many streams and rows.”
TUAW: “…I have a feeling that Taptu is going to be taking over for much of my feed reading on the iPad. The ability to merge feeds into Sources is snazzy, and the app is responsive and quick to update...."
VentureBeat: “I’ve been playing with the Taptu iPad app for the last day or so, and I’ve been pretty impressed...I’ve been struck by with the app’s design, which allows users to browse many headlines at once without feeling overwhelming..."
== Features ==
= Getting Streams =
* Finding Streams to Personalize Taptu: Plunge into our StreamStore and you'll discover streams of your favorite blogs, news sources, or others for the things you're into and maybe some things you didn't even know you're into. Find more content from Bing RSS feeds and convert them into a stream.
* Import from Google Reader: Add your favorite RSS feeds from Google Reader.
* Heavy Reader? No problem! Add as many of your favorite streams as you like... if the apps gets slow, start mixing them.
= DJ'ing your News=
* Curate Your Own Mixed Streams: You can DJ your own mixed streams. Think of it as creating a playlist for your favorite content. You can build a stream from scratch, select and merge your favorite feeds from Taptu's StreamStore or you can edit the topic streams we've curated by removing and adding the streams you want. You can even share your streams with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
= Viewing and Interacting with Streams =
* Two Ways to View - Quick View and Full Story View: Grab a quick summary of the news article or tap to read the full story.
* Share with Friends: Discover a story you're into? Share it with your friends by posting it on Twitter or Facebook or by sending them an email. You can even save it for later using Instapaper (NEW)
* See Full Articles Friends Share via Twitter and Facebook: Taptu will convert links your friends share into a full article view.
* Post a Status, Like and Comment from your Facebook stream: Seen something a friend has sent that you want to Like or Comment on? Do it right inside the app.
* Tweet, RT and Reply from your Twitter stream: anything that is worth RT, then go for it, you can do it inside the app as well.
== Feedback ==
Thanks for all of your feedback! If you'd like to get in touch or need help we are just a ping away at: @taptu or [email protected]
For all the latest news & exciting updates follow us on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MyTaptu
Twitter - http://twitter.com/taptu
Taptu Homepage - http://www.taptu.com