IntoMobile

Breaking news, information, and analysis on the latest mobile phones and mobile technology

Open NavigationOpen Search
  • Home
  • Platforms
    • iOS / iPhone OS
    • Android
    • Windows Phone
    • BlackBerry OS
  • Hardware
    • New Hardware
    • Tablets
    • Reviews
    • Rumors
  • Carriers
    • AT&T
    • Sprint
    • T-Mobile
    • Verizon
  • Manufacturers
    • Apple
    • Samsung
    • HTC
    • LG
    • Motorola
  • Best VPNs
  • Best AI Tools

RIM CEO: BlackBerry outage won’t repeat

May 15, 2007 by Dusan Belic - Leave a Comment

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook ( 0 shares )

CrackberryeWeek interviewed RIM CEO, Jim Balsillie who used the opportunity to assure BlackBerry addicts that the company had learned its lesson during last month’s email outage and that a similar things won’t strike again in the future. According to him, the improbable combination of events, which included the failure of a minor software upgrade to a caching subsystem, the failure of the failover system and the subsequent overloading of a second system has been fixed. “It was a process error that we had that’s been fixed. It shouldn’t have happened, and it won’t happen again,” Balsillie said. “It wasn’t a corruption of any form of the infrastructure, and that’s very important.”

Furthermore, Balsillie took full responsibility, but also noted that it’s the responsibility of an enterprise to make sure they have continuity plans for times when important communications paths are out of order. “We had literally hundreds of our top customers on open bridges with ongoing collaboration and communications. So those that were affected had ongoing communications,” he said about RIM’s support efforts.

Here’s the link to the whole interview.

Share on Twitter Share on Facebook ( 0 shares )

Back to top ▴

Back to top ▴

Follow IntoMobile

38k
36k
4k
13k
12k

Most Recent Posts

  • Samsung’s Exynos 2700 could finally beat Snapdragon at its own game
  • Xiaomi’s next big foldable is here, and it comes in burgundy
  • MediaTek’s next flagship chip just showed up for $30 on a Chinese secondhand site
  • Vivo T5 5G is coming to India and it’s gunning for the slim phone crowd
  • Google’s Pixel 11 Pro Fold just failed a bend test, and the reason is embarrassing

Get Updates Via E-Mail

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

About IntoMobile

  • About IntoMobile
  • Contact IntoMobile
  • Send us News Tips
  • Privacy Policy

Social Links

  • IntoMobile on Facebook
  • IntoMobile on Twitter
  • IntoMobile on Google+
  • IntoMobile on YouTube

Copyright © 2006-2021 IntoMobile. All rights reserved.