Tip of the hat to my friend R200 on Jaiku for the heads up. I’m updating as we speak, will keep you updated on new features as I find them.
FYI: I had to update my “Software Update” installation to the latest version to get this to work; you can grab it here.
My update log after the jump.
OK I had to reboot my computer, but she is finally downloading:
Screen pulsated for 5 seconds as it neared the end of the flashing, but my phone reboot and she is perfect:
There is over 93 MB of RAM free upon first boot, I don’t remember it being this high:
All of my applications, contacts, text messages and even installed themes are intact. Kevin from the S60 Blogs told us a while back that the N82 is the first S60 device to have something called “User Data Preservation” that is supposed to keep everything on your mobile just the way it was, even after a software update. Looks like it works 100%!
YouTube does not work, no Flash Lite 3 support.
Web Run Time is not enabled either.
Looks like this is a bug release firmware update, no new features.
Symbian Freak got his hands on a changelog and it looks quite small:
- Camera application:
- Improvements of ‘Unexpected error…’ probability when starting up with quick succession of camera lens cover open/close
- Music player (Music player stability):
- Fix for music player freeze when operating app from accessory remote controller e.g. BT headsets, AD-54 etc.
- Map application:
- Reset fix when opening Map app from landmark app
- Long Map app closing time
- Address search in Chinese character