Samsung has officially announced its real iPhone killin’ device. Instinct is just not smart enough to compete with Apple’s handset, but the 12.5mm-thick i900 certainly is. Let’s quickly go through specs, shall we:
- Network: quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE + HSDPA 7.2Mbps
- Wireless: stereo Bluetooth (A2DP), WiFi
- Display: 3.2-inch WQVGA (240×400 pixels) touchscreen
- Camera: 5 megapixels with auto-focus, featuring face and smile detection as well as auto-panorama shots
- OS/UI: Windows Mobile 6.1 with Samsung’s widget-friendly TouchWiz user interface running on top of it
- CPU: Marvell 624MHz (*update*)
- Other: built-in GPS, accelerometer for auto-rotation, optical mouse
- Two models will be sold: 8GB and 16GB, that can further be expanded with microSD memory cards
- Availability: from June 2008, Europe – July 2008
And that’s it! Boy do we want one. The only problem I see is that WQVGA screen which may find hard time competing with the Diamond’s VGA and/or XPERIA’s WVGA, though, that’s not actually a problem.
Finally, those of you attending the CommunicAsia expo in Singapore from June 17 to 20, will be amongst the first ones to try out Samsung’s new baby. In the meantime, hop over to GSMArena for some real-life shots.