The previously-rumoured Samsung Ego was announced in Russia recently, boasting an impressively tough construction, and room for two SIM cards. Specs?
- Triband GSM (900/1800/1900 Mhz), GPRS/EDGE connectivity on 1st SIM card
- Dual band (900/1800 Mhz), GPRS/EDGE connectivity on 2nd SIM card
- 262K color QVGA AMOLED display
- 5 mpx camera with autofocus, image stabilization, smile detection, WDR and LED flash
- FM Radio with RDS
- 1 GB of built-in memory
- microSDHC memory card slot (up to 8 GB)
- Bluetooth 2.0 and USB
- 960 mAh battery
- Dimensions: 115 x 48 x 16 mm
- Weight: 140 g
What, no 3G? Wi-Fi? GPS? Anything? It’s not a bad camera at least, and the DuoS is pretty cool, but I guess these things are more about being pretty than anything else. Will it be able to compete with Vertu? Maybe, but I don’t think it holds a candle to the Motorola Aura. This will cost around EUR 1200, or $US 1500 when it’s available.
[via Unwired View]