The software development kit for Android 1.5 has already been released to programmers, but the update itself is still a work in progress. Luckily, T-Mobile Germany has mentioned that the update should be available next month, including features like:
- Additional on-screen keyboard – you decide how you enter your messages
- Video recording and playback
- Pictures and video include one-click Picasa and YouTube uploads
- Automatic adjustment of the touchscreen when the G1 is held horizontal or vertical
- Support for Bluetooth stereo headsets
It’s probably safe to assume it will be available on North American T-Mobile around the same timeframe.