I’m still catching up with Hit Barcelona. Here are few companies I missed covering during the event:
- Solaiemes offers IVR customer care applications to support areas such as mobile banking. Their business model involves offering the service on a SaaS (Software as a Service) basis, selling the software to operators and banks, as well as offering related services.
- Multiplied Media is a Canada-based company behind the Poynt mobile local search application/service. Their app is readily available in RIM’s App Market and has been downloaded for 500,000 times so far.
- Novarra is a company we’ve already covered in the past. They offer mobile widget solution to carriers, alowing them to push the same widget across many mobile platforms, effectively boosting ARPU.
- IDENT technology is a German company that provides technology which makes displays used in today’s handsets less power-hungry. Their trick is in using an ultra-low-power proximity (ULPP) detection technology (so called “SKINPLEX”) to measures changes in sensor capacity. For instance, IDENT’s technology can detect when a handset is in a pocket so it turns off the screen.
- Electro Power Systems is Italian designer and manufacturer of fuel cell systems for power backup, which has a technology platform targeted specifically at mobile base-station sites. Apparently, they made the first self-rechargeable fuel cell system that can work in the event of grid failure. They also pointed out that their offering is a “nice to have” in Europe and U.S. but a “must have” in the emerging markets.
- SpinVox was also there as a mobile innovation success story, showcasing its speech conversion technology. While at the stage, they also talked about their deal with Telefónica in Latin America.
And that almost wraps it up. Few more releases I need to publish and they’re coming within minutes…