Smartphones are going to be hot sellers this holiday season. With the holidays fast approaching, HTC will be pushing hard to cash in on the smartphone boom. How, you ask? By giving $100 to anyone buying a qualifying HTC handset between November 27th and December 31st! If you’re shopping for a new smartphone, better deals will be hard to find.
As part of HTC’s “YOU” marketing campaign, the smartphone maker will mail you a $100 check for buying an HTC smartphone from Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T. The only catch, you have to send your old smartphone to HTC – think of it as a trade-in program for your aging mobile phone.
Details after the break.
Here’s how it works:
- Buy and activate an eligible HTC smartphone from Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T.
- HTC Tilt2, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Imagio and the HTC Ozone are all eligible.
- Hit up HTC’s smartphone trade-in page and enter the appropriate promo code.
- Enter all the required information about your used/old smartphone and print out your free shipping label.
- HTC is asking that you trade-in your old smartphone – shipping is free.
- You also need to mail in your new HTC smartphone’s UPC code and invoice.
- Once HTC receives the eligible trade-in smartphone, UPC code and invoice, they’ll mail you a check for $100.
- Use your $100 to recover from all your holiday shopping!
Keep in mind, not all of HTC’s new smartphones cost $100 when purchased with new 2-year contract. That means HTC will actually end up paying you to buy a new smartphone from them. For example, the HTC Ozone costs $50 from Verizon. If you buy an Ozone and trade-in your old smartphone, you can actually make $50 profit!