Today has been a sweet day for iPhone owners as multitasking apps finally went live, but add to that the availability of iBooks and it’s a great day. Admittedly, I felt a little jealous when the reading application was announced for the iPad, but I kept telling myself it’s just a matter of time before it hits the other iOS devices, too. All I needed was a little patience. Today you can hit up the iTunes store to grab the app for yourself and start reading your life away.
Here are some things you can look forward to:
• Enjoy a complimentary copy of the beautifully illustrated classic, Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne.
• Download many of your favorite books from the included iBookstore.
• Read a free sample of any book on the iBookstore before making it part of your collection.
• Reorder your books on your bookshelf or browse them in a list sorted by title, author, or category.
• Easily adjust your screen brightness to find the perfect lighting for any environment.
• Change the font size and pick from five included type faces to make your books more comfortable to read.
• Find a word, character, or phrase anywhere in your book with the built-in search feature.
• Quickly find a specific page using the page navigator at the bottom of every page.
• Highlight your favorite passages with the built-in bookmarking feature.
• Add books in the industry-standard ePub electronic book format to iTunes and sync them to iPad.
• iBooks supports amazing accessibility features in iPad, such as speaking the words on a given page.
• In addition to iPad, iBooks is now available on any iPhone or iPod with iOS 4.
• Open and read PDF documents from Mail. PDF documents will be added to your library and appear on the PDF bookshelf. You can even search PDFs for words or phrases and bookmark your favorite pages.
• Take advantage of new ways to bookmark. In addition to highlighting a word or a passage, you can now also add notes or bookmark an entire page with the new page ribbon.
• Keep your bookmarks, notes, and your current page wirelessly in sync between iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with the new automatic bookmark syncing feature.
• See your book pages in a new font, called Georgia.
• Read your books on white or sepia colored pages.
• Choose left or fully justified text layout from Settings.
• Read pages with greater ease by increasing to even larger font sizes.
• Enjoy greater stability and better performance.
Looks pretty hot, right? Get to downloading!
[Via: 9to5 Mac]
– Download iBooks for iPhone or iPod touch – [iTunes Link]