Nokia has updated its popular mapping and navigation client – Ovi Maps. Version 3.06 packs tons improvements (much more than one would expect from a 0.01 update), including:
- Refreshed main menu and icons
- New maps with public transport lines for subways, trams and trains in more than 80 cities around the world. To use this feature, click the map toolbox icon and select Transit lines.
- Improved search experience for finding places and addresses around you. You can browse places or enter a keyword in the search box. “Did you mean?” functionality is included.
- New place pages with description, reviews, pictures and places nearby.
- Share a place with your friends via SMS or email. The SMS contains the address and a link to the place page with description, ratings, contact, URL and a mini map. The link opens up on the mobile browser and works with non-Nokia devices, too.
- Check in to places via Facebook and other social networks. See places you’ve been to in your check in history.
- New Drive assistance mode with live traffic flow, safety camera alerts and speed limit warnings.
- “More” folder with many rich content services relevant to your location. Ability to personalise Ovi Maps by selecting the services you’d like to keep on your main menu for instant access.
And you can download Ovi Maps 3.06 from Nokia Beta Labs’ website.