If you have your own WordPress blog, and have an iPhone or an iPad handy, take note! The WordPress app for iOS has been updated to version 2.6, and there’s all sorts of new goodies (features) to take in!
Of course, there’s the usual batch of bug fixes and performance tweaks built into 2.6… and quite honestly, that alone would be enough to get me to update. A more stable, speedier app is always a good thing.
However, the goodness doesn’t stop there. Below is a list of key feature additions in the updated app for iOS:
- Video! now you can record, upload, attach and play videos right from within the app. Very cool. Record while you’re out-and-about, and publish the video within seconds of recording it. Handy.
- If you’ve ever lost a draft, worry no more. A rewrite of the way local drafts are handled in the app has been completed, and this should prevent you from losing any pending posts.
- Autosave has been integrated. The iOS version of WordPress now saves intermittently to help protect your content from accidental loss.
- A new media library is on-board. It’s not the full-out gallery you find in the web app, but it’s getting there.
- Quick and easy setup. The addition and overall setup of new sites within the app is now very simple.
A worthwhile update for any WordPress blogger for sure. Lots of new features (I’m digging the new video integration), and lots of new stuff to play with. If you have an iPhone or an iPad handy, head on over to the App Store and pick up your copy now… or if you already have it installed, pop open your updates window and download the update.
WordPress for iOS (Free) [iTunes link]
Note: If the iPhone ain’t your thing, but you have a blog that you’d like to update and edit on-the-go… Be sure to check out the WordPress apps for Android, BlackBerry and Nokia (in beta). It’s all good stuff.