Just because you’re sporting an older Android phone, you shouldn’t have to worry about being neglected or feeling left behind. Sprint users who are currently rocking a Samsung Moment got a little bit of an update today that does some maintenance to make things a bit smoother. The DJ07 maintenance release promises to do a few things:
- 911 call restrictions after modem crash related to airplane mode and data lockup
- Proximity sensor and screen lock enhancements
Nothing major, but definitely something that should improve the overall experience on your handset until you wait out your contract for the latest and greatest. By then, you’ll probably want to grab a new WiMax Android handset.
Sprint breaks down the upgrade process for you:
Update your software:
1. The update will automatically download to your phone over the air.
2. A System update screen will prompt you to ‘Install now’ or ‘Install later’. If ‘Install later’ is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update. If ‘Install now’ is selected, the phone will restart and install the software
3. Your phone will reboot again and the software update will be complete.
Sounds pretty easy. If you run into any issues giving your Samsung Moment a little update love, be sure to pop back in here and let us and your fellow Sprint users know.