Skyfire Notches 200,000 Downloads of Their Top-Grossing iPad Browser in it’s First Three Weeks of Availability in the Apple App Store™
iPad browser follows in the success of company’s iPhone and Android versions
Mountain View, Calif. – January 20, 2011 – Skyfire for iPad with Facebook Connect has been downloaded over 200,000 times since its debut in the Apple App Store™ December 23rd. The $4.99 browser opened to massive demand in the US and internationally, giving iPad users access to millions of videos designed for Adobe Flash Player that were previously unavailable on iPad, as well as unmatched, cloud-enabled social features.
Within 24 hours of launching, Skyfire for iPad became the top-grossing app in the iPad app store during the busiest download weekend of the year, holding the #1 Paid and #1 Top-Grossing App position on Christmas Day. Since launching, Skyfire has held the #1 ranking within the Utility category for both Top Grossing and Top Paid application. This made the app one of the most downloaded apps over the Christmas holiday, a historically massive day for app downloads.
What’s in Skyfire for iPad:
Skyfire uses advanced cloud-computing technology to provide a booster engine to the native Webkit mobile browser. Skyfire famed, cloud-enabled Skybar layers the shared Webkit core of Safari, enabling a host of new features never before seen on iPad.
· Video –The “Video” icon enables users to play millions of Flash videos across the web that otherwise do not play on iOS. This unlocks content typically trapped behind error messages, question marks and blue Legos, by transcoding the Flash Video content into Apple-approved standards in the cloud.
· Facebook, Google and Twitter QuickViews – “QuickView” buttons give users one-touch access to their Facebook, Twitter and Google accounts, making checking all your important social networks and tools more quickly than ever.
· Fireplace™ – Fireplace is a proprietary feature, which displays Facebook news feed posts which include an active link, giving users a quick glance at what their friends are sharing.
· Popular Content – The “Popular” button analyzes a given webpage and shows a user which stories and their Facebook friends and the Facebook community as a whole have shared from each page.
· Universal ‘Like’ Button – The “Like” button puts a Facebook ‘like’ button on any website, showin
“Becoming the top-grossing iPad app during the busiest download period of the year highlights the pent-up demand for an enhanced, alternative browsing experience on iPad,” explains Jeff Glueck, CEO of Skyfire. “Skyfire’s cloud-toolbars combined with the WebKit core of Safari and other native browsers is not only the way to deliver the best features, but also to reduce strain on wireless networks.”
Skyfire will be giving away free Skyfire t-shirts and iTunes gift cards every day this January through a Twitter contest announced earlier last week via the company’s blog. To enter, simply message Skyfire on Facebook or Tweet your favorite use of Skyfire to the company @Skyfire using the hash-tag #SkyfireContest. Winners will be announced and final prizes distributed during the first week of February.
Note: App Store, iPhone, and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Adobe and Flash are registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Pages: 1 2