TeleNav GPS application will be available for Verizon Wireless’ iPhone 4 users on launch, offering a free month of turn-by-turn navigation for the first 30 days. After the trial period ends, users can continue using the service for $2.99 per month or $21.99 per year. Alternatively, you can choose to use only GPS map and local search capabilities for free.
You may wonder – is it worth updating. Here’s what you get for that 3 bucks a month:
- Spoken turn-by-turn directions with street names
- 2D and 3D moving maps with zoom in and out options
- Automatic rerouting – so you don’t have to worry about missing a turn while navigating.
- Automatic map updates
- Nighttime optimized navigation – TeleNav GPS adjusts brightness levels to make viewing easier during nighttime driving.
- Multitasking support – voice directions even when you’re using some other app.
- Shake-to-Go – triggers automatic routing to a location you’ve previously set as home.
- My Favorites – you can save the locations you visit most often for instant access afterwards.
- My Contacts – connects to contacts stored in the user’s iPhone 4.
- Route preferences – based on your driving preferences, such as avoiding HOV lanes and Toll Roads.
- iPod Control – you can play your favorite songs while navigating, using in-app iPod controls with the ability to search through songs, artists or playlists.
- Local search with more than 22 million local listings in the U.S. including business locations, historical landmarks, airports, ATMs, movie theaters and more. Listings are automatically updated and each listing includes detailed information with ratings, reviews and merchant info.
Sounds like a good deal to me. 😉