Opera Mini’s arch-rival Bitstream announced a new version (2.5) of its BOLT mobile web browser. This latest release comes with few new features and enhancements, including:
- Geolocation support – allowing GPS-enabled phones to pass latitude and longitude information to location-enabled websites through the browser.
- Facebook Video support – which comes in addition to other popular Flash-based video sites and all HTML5 video sites.
- Widgets on the home page – making it easier to access bits of information like weather reports, dictionary, Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia and so on.
- New desktop-like features, including easily switchable tabbed browsing, password manager, advanced inline text entry and editing, copy/paste improvements and a better address and search dialog on all pages.
- Improved download manager allowing users to maintain download history even after exiting the browser and resume last download after browser re-launch. Very cool.
- Improved UI which you’ll notice in the favorites, history and feeds selection, menu structure and displaying of RSS lists.
Finally, Bitstream also announced enhanced HTML5 compliance, thanks to the new base engine which is now based on Webkit 5… You can download the BOLT web browser from here.