As we wrap up this year’s Mobile World Congress we picked up a press release from GSMA. According to the organization, more than 60,000 visitors from 200 countries attended the show, “marking a record for the mobile industry’s premier event.” Here are the key figures:
- 51% of this year’s Mobile World Congress attendees hold C-level positions, including more than 3,000 CEOs.
- Nearly 1,400 exhibiting companies occupied over 58,600 net square metres of exhibition and business meeting space.
- More than 2,900 international print, web and broadcast media attended the event.
- Developer focused sub-event App Plant attracted more than 45,000 visits, with more than 12,000 developers attending the show.
- The GSMA’s Ministerial Programme also boasted record attendance, with government delegations from 131 countries meeting in Barcelona, an increase of 50% over 2010.
And finally – IntoMobile sent 5 of its editors from 4 countries to cover the event. 🙂
Next year may be the last time Mobile World Congress is taking place in Barcelona. The date is already set – the show begins on February 27th and ends on March 1st, 2012.