Sony Ericsson just announced the release of its Xperia arc S and Xperia neo V, which are now available for purchase in the U.S. at the Sony Store. Both devices were recently updated to the latest Android operating system Gingerbread 2.3.4 that brings improvements to Sony Ericsson’s unique Facebook inside Xperia. Other noteworthy features for the arc S and neo V include the following:
Xperia arc S Key
- Android™ 2.3.4 operating system
- 1.4 GHz processor
- 8.1 megapixel camera with Exmor R™ for mobile image sensor
- 4.2” Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine® Engine
- 3D and 2D sweep panorama photography
- Available in Pure White, Gloss Black, Midnight Blue, and Misty Silver
Xperia neo V
- Android 2.3.4 operating system
- 3.7” capacitive, multi-touch screen
- 5 megapixel camera with 16x digital zoom
- Front-facing camera
- Available in Pearl White, Silver, and Blue Gradient
This is great news for those of you out there rocking with one of these devices. In the past Sony has been really lacking when it comes to updating their handsets, but the company finally seems to be putting more attention into getting the latest and greatest from Google’s mobile operating system Android.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S will cost $549.99 and the Xperia neo V $349.99, and both are available unlocked, at Sony Store. Also, starting in early December one of my favorite online retailers Newegg.com will carry both handsets as well.