Verizon’s Samsung Fascinate seems to be the last Galaxy S version to get the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update. It’s better late than never, with Verizon pushing software version EH03 over-the-air as we speak. If you still don’t see it, there’s no reason to panic – it’s most likely one of those staged updates that will be rolling out during the next couple of days.
Aside from the usual Gingerbread goodies like the improved word/text selection and copy/paste functionality, this software release also packs other changes, including:
- New Download Manager app
- Multi-touch key-chording – allows you to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode.
- New Homescreen experience – new widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Added device and SD card encryption; VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
- Updated Calendar options – ability to display event times in your home time zone when traveling, dismiss individual reminders.
- Contacts are now searchable by last name, too
- SMS messages can now be accessed via the Quick Alphabet Access Option on the right side of the screen.
- Added MMS delivery reports
To check whether the update is ready for your Samsung Fascinate, go to “Settings” -> “About phone” and then “Software update.”
[Via: Unwired View]