Google has updated three of its Android applications today, which include Maps, Listen, and Goggles. Both Maps and Listen bring small but it Goggles seems to have received most of the attention.
In a nutshell, here is what all three updates bring to the table:
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) will enter ‘night mode’ when going through tunnels
- Fixes an issue in which Listen while in the background would improperly take audio focus from other apps.
- Don’t store inaccurate locations for queries in search history.
- Show the description field for user-submitted results.
- Don’t crash when loading large bitmaps.
As you can see, most of everything added within the updates are rather incremental but that’s not to say they aren’t helpful. The new Google Maps feature that will adjust to Night Mode once you enter a tunnel is a very thoughtful addition on Google’s part, and Listen’s audio focus bug fix will surely help many who use it. As for Google Goggles, the application is pretty solid on its own, so any update is a good thing. The same goes for Google Maps. If Google were to Ice Cream-ify the Listen app a bit, I’d probably use it a bit.
I’m still waiting for Google to update its own Finance application, as it’s miles behind some applications the Android Market offers.
So there’s you triple play of the day. Hit the links below to update!