Relatively popular news app (though not as popular as Pulse News), News Republic, has been completely revamped and now looks (and works) much better. Version 2.0 is available for iOS and Android-based devices, introducing a number of cool features such as:
- Completely new users interface which is ?simpler and cleaner
- New photo and video galleries
- Ability to react to articles and discover how other readers are feeling in the new “Moods” category
- Easier way to search and add new topics to the app’s homepage
- Filter any news channel by “date”, “moods” or “videos only”
- Select/unselect news sources for all your channels and for “All news”
- Ability to easily organize your news channels on the homepage
In addition, if you own an iPhone, you can play videos through iPlay on Apple TV. On the other hand, Android users with Ice Cream Sandwich devices can add interactive widgets to their phones’ homescreen, and also “beam” to share an article.
And for the record, News Republic delivers over 10,000 full articles (not just RSS) each day from leading news sources.