Last week we got juicy details on the upcoming BlackBerry Enterprise Server update dubbed Argon, and now a batch of screenshots of BES 5.0 in action are bubbling up to the blogosphere. Some of the biggest changes include overhauled application deployment and new activation diagnostics, but here’s the bullet list.
New Administration Service & Console
- Dynamic Web User Interface Based on a User’s Role
- Multi-Level & Multi-Tiered Group Support
- Plug-in Framework for Extending & Integrating Administration
- Both Java APIs & Web Services to FULLY Control/Automate Admin Functionality
- Roles Attached to Users or Groups
- UI Rendering is Based on Capability
- Each Request is Individually Authenticated
- Capabilities Scoped at Either Organization Level or Group Level
A lot of that is greek to anyone but IT admins, but it’s quick the upgrade on the BlackBerry back-end, and should make their job a helluva lot easier.
More screenshots after the jump…