Provided you don’t mind running a slightly older piece of Apple hardware, Fido has a great deal going on right now on the ‘refreshed’ or ‘refurbished’ iPhone 3G. Sure, there may be a few dents or scratches, but these phones run absolutely perfectly… They’ve just been ‘gently used’ for some time before. No biggie 🙂 The deal? Pop over to Fido and pick up a refurbed iPhone 3G (8GB model) for $29. Cheapy cheap. Of course, you’ll need to sign-up for a 3-year contract with Fido, but this is nothing new.
If you’re concerned about the ‘refreshed’ status, here’s a description from Fido that may ease any concerns:
- iPhones are preloaded with current software and have been extensively and independently quality tested.
- Refreshed iPhones carry a warranty of 6 months from the date of shipment
- Refreshed phones are phones that were returned by customers within 15 days from the date of activation.
- They are either unused or lightly used and they must pass rigorous final Quality Assurance testing before their sale.
- Some refreshed iPhone 3G devices will have final scratches
For all the details, pop over to Fido.