Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition was made available on iOS & Android in mid-December and the company has just dropped some details on the latest update for the Android version of the game.
First off, version 1.3 of Grand Theft Auto III will now support the Asus Transformer Prime and Medion LifeTab if you happen to own either of those two devices. The other updates for Grand Theft Auto III can be found below:
- The addition of Integrated with Immersion Haptic Vibration Feedback
- The ability to tailor your visual experience with new video display settings
- The ability to install the game to an SD memory card
- Improved controls for Xperia Play and supported gamepads plus full support for the GameStop Wireless Game Controller
- Additional technical fixes
Having improved support for the Xperia Play‘s gamepad as well as other gamepads certainly make this a worthwhile update. I know many mobile gamers, no matter how hard they try, just can’t get the hang of touch-screen controls.
Of course, in order to pick up the updated version of Grand Theft Auto III, all you’ll need to do is make a quick visit to the Android Marketplace, update the app, and viola!
As for an update to the iOS version of Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar gives no information as to when it will be released, but assures its fans that the update is coming.