Even though nearly half of Americans are smartphone users, the United States hasn’t embraced mobile payments as eagerly as other countries. There are many myths surrounding the idea of mobile payments that have likely contributed to this slow adoption. Now since the whole mobile payments market is expected to grow from $16 billion to $200 billion in 2015, Intuit decided to address couple of these myths, including:
- Myth #1 – The fees are too high.
- Myth #2 – I don’t need to offer a credit card solution. I still do a healthy amount of sales when accepting cash only.
- Myth #3 – It would take too long to get paid.
- Myth #4 – It’s too complicated to set up.
- Myth #5 – Mobile payments aren’t secure.
- Myth #6 – It’s not worth it.
And here’s how it all comes together in the infographic, prepared by Intuit.