When we heard that AT&T was pulling their entry-level, QWERTY slider from shelves for failing to live up to AT&T’s “minimum performance expectations,” we were left wondering exactly what it was that the Quickfire did wrong. Today, AT&T has shed a little light on their Quickfire messaging handset’s woes. Turns out, the Quickfire, when charged in appropriately, is prone to overheating and actually catching fire.
If you can’t smell the irony in the Quickfire’s propensity to catch fire, perhaps you’re just distracted by the acrid smoke coming from your flaming Quickfire.
On a more serious note, AT&T has issued a friendly reminder to Quickfire owners, advising against improperly jamming the charging plug into the phone’s charging port. Doing so might give you an ironic laugh, followed immediately by a call to the fire department.
Please take special care when charging your Quickfire GTX75 mobile phone. There have been a few reports of significant overheating of the phone when the AC Charger adapter is inserted incorrectly and forced into the phone. The clearly marked, embossed arrow on the AC Charger adapter should always be face-up on the same side as the display screen of the Quickfire when it is inserted into the phone. See the diagram below for proper positioning and insertion of the AC Charger adapter into the phone. You should never force the AC Charger adapter into the phone.
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-801-1101.
Quickfire owners would be wise to heed AT&T’s advice.