It’s been years since I have read the Radio Times – in fact it was at my Grandparents that I even saw one, so far out of my sphere of circulation have they been…. but all that could be set to change with the release of an iPhone App!
Check out the feature highlight list from the Radio Times boys themselves:
* Ability to customise channel selection based on your region and broadcast package (Freeview, Sky, Virgin or Freesat), so you only see the channels you have access to
* Ability to personalise the listings view to cover just the channels or genres you want to watch
* Daily Radio Times choices, providing a guide to the best programming
* A full programme synopsis detailing each individual episode, with the facility to get more through a quick-tap advance search, with:
– Wikipedia for a catalogue of trivia, background and plot walk-throughs
– YouTube for clips and trailers
– BBC iPlayer for catch-up episodes
* Radio Times reviews and star ratings for all movies
* “My Shows” feature, highlighting when and where favourite programmes are on next, and if they’re repeated
* “Send to a friend” function, allowing you to send details of a programme, including time, date, channel and programme description, by email
* Offline application usage, for when users are away from wi-fi range
… it’s only £1.79, and do you know what, I think I might just invest and check it out! I wonder how many iPhone users are regular Radio Times readers? Anyone with an idea of the stats, feel free to leave a comment or mail in!
[Via: Radio Times]