PayPal has updated its iPhone application. The single most notable feature of the new version (at least me thinks so) is the Bump integration, thanks to which users can move money from one account to the other by simply tapping two devices together. This is a huge win for Bump, which recently opened up the platform and updated its own app with bump-to-friend Facebook buddy functionality.
Additionally, PayPal’s iPhone app also features:
- Revamped user interface – which looks way more professional
- Ability to send a money request to your contacts – essentially a bill issuance
- Ability to withdraw money out of PayPal and deposit it into your bank account
- Integrated tip calculator and bill splitter – with the ability to take money from friends who don’t have cash at the moment
- “PayPal for Kids” integration – allows access to a PayPal sub-account that’s linked to their parent’s account.
In a nutshell – it’s a worthy update. The next stop for PayPal is to make their Android and BlackBerry clients on par with the iPhone application. Hopefully we won’t have to wait for too long for that to happen. Stay tuned…
PayPal (FREE) [iTunes link]