Visual news app for the iPhone and Android, Pulse News, has been recently updated with new features and other tweaks that make the app faster. Without further ado, here’s what version 2.0 brings:
- Three times more sources – instead of 20, now you can select up to 60 news sources across five customizable pages. Moving sources between pages is as easy as drag and drop.
- It’s faster – improved performance means sources update and images load faster, while scrolling is smoother and more fluid.
- Social feeds are now available both on the iPhone and Android. You can pull content from Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Digg, Reddit and Hacker News (Y Combinator’s social news feed), as well as like, share and comment on Facebook content from within the Pulse app.
- New discovery features – including “Pulse pack” to auto-populate an entire page with the top sources for pretty much any given subject, and “Featured Sources” where Pulse spotlights new and interesting publishers.
- Improved Sharing tools – Pulse 2.0 integrates Facebook, Twitter and email sharing contextually within each story.
Pulse News remains the free application and you can grab it from the links below…