With all the leaks we’ve seen, it’s no surprise that T-Mobile just made the HTC myTouch 4G Slide official and this handset looks like a good addition to the myTouch lineup.
With a 3.7-inch WVGA super LCD screen, full QWERTY slide-out keyboard, a dual-core 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread with HTC Sense and an 8-megapixel camera, the myTouch 4G Slide looks to be a more-than-capable smartphone. The company is really touting the 8-megapixel camera on the myTouch 4G slide, as the carrier said it sports:
- Improved low-light Performance: with a backside illuminated sensor and a wide aperture lens (f/2.2)
- Zero shutter lag: innovative software features allow for an instantaneous shot at that precise moment
- SweepShot: for capturing panoramic shots by sweeping across an entire scene in a single motion
- ClearShot HDR: for capturing objects in bright settings so your photos are not affected by high-contrast lighting
- BurstShot: for capturing multiple photos in a quick burst so you don’t miss the perfect photo
That’s not a bad pitch and we’ve been impressed with what HTC has been doing with its camera on devices like the Sensation 4G, so we’re anxious to see how the myTouch 4G Slide performs in real life. Too bad there’s no Instagram app to utilize it but there are plenty of cool alternatives out there in Android land.
With the myTouch 4G and the Sensation 4G, T-Mobile is really bringing the heat when it comes to high-end smartphones. HTC is also heating up with these two devices and the super-cool EVO 3D, so it’s exciting times. The myTouch 4G is landing in July for about $199 with a new, two-year contract.
What do you think, friends? Are you going to pick up the latest myTouch or are you going to wait for something like the Galaxy S II? You can’t really go wrong with any of these stellar handsets, so let us know your rationale in the comments.