So far we’ve seen quite a few app building services but none of them was completely free. Enter appsbar, which is touted as the “first cost-free way for any business or person to create professional, multi-function apps” and get them quickly published in Apple’s AppStore and Google’s Android Market.
Anyone can visit appsbar’s website to build, edit and publish their apps. According to the press release, the service was designed to “fill the gap between over-simplified apps and costly, professionally-produced apps” and in that sense provides quite a few extra features, including:
- Event Notifier – which delivers real-time or scheduled notifications to app users.
- Menu – allows creating of catalog of products or services.
- Form Builder – which can be used for customer service surveys, a restaurant to-go order, or answers to questions asked through the app.
- Social Interaction – adds the ability to share content within an app across social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Soundboard – lets users create a unique “app ringtone” by uploading any sound which can play when a user shakes or taps their mobile device.
In addition, appsbar can also handle RSS, photos and videos like other similar services… You can see how all this works from a video below, demoing how to build a dog walking company iPhone app. Enjoy!